Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Week 82

Dear Family,

Sorry I wasn't able to send you an email on either Monday or Tuesday. Monday we were in Zone Conference and then off to the piatas and Tuesday we were travelling pretty much all day. The Zone Conference was one of the best conferences I have ever been to on my mission. There was such a good feeling about the entire thing, and we all learned a lot. One of the coolest things was during Presidents final remarks. He gave all of us a blessing. Not one at a time, but as a collective group. He blessed us with many things, but one of them being that we would have an acceptance for the new mission president. This is something that I have been so worried about. When we received a new branch president in the MTC, it was one of the hardest things for me. When something is not broken, I usually don't see the point in trying to fix it. So having to move from on BP to a new one was incredibly especially because we all loved and respected President G. We all love and respect President Hill, and having something new was not something that I was looking forward to. However, I now am trying to NOT worry. Positive thoughts. I want to be able to meet him with a clean slate, not with any prejudged decisions. 

It was so weird to think that this was the end of President and Sora Hill's mission. It is also the end of Sora S's and her group's mission. When she got up to bear her dying testimony, my heart started to beat so fast because I thought I was up next! Its a good thing I wasn't with my soras when they bore their testimonies, because I feel like I would have had a harder time remembering that it wasn't going to be me with them. #missionlife

Lol, from the last comment you will have seen the # thing. I think it is so funny, even though I don't (nor probably will ever) use twitter. 

Things have taken a great turn in the last couple days. We returned to Iasi from Chis and immediately got on the next maxi to Bacau. I wasn't too happy cause I hadn't eaten all day and we had been traveling for 4 hours already, but we got on and it was a good thing we did. We listened, for two hours, while a little girl coughed and coughed and coughed. The sisters asked her mom (they were sitting right next to them) if she would like for her daughter to receive a blessing from two people who had the power of God. She said yes and we were able to give a blessing to the little girl. At first she was really shy and didn't want to take her hair covering off (still not sure why), but after the blessing she was a little happier,and even gave a slight smile to the sisters as she left with her mom.  We then got in a taxi, and the guy was legitimately interested in who we were and why we are here. He loved to push himself to grow and had learned English, a bit of French and Italian. He had also visited Jerusalem. I talked to him a little bit about the Book of Mormon and that is when Sora Stapley remembered that she had forgotten her BOM on the maxi. Normally she would have left it on there and hoped that someone would pick it up and read it (it happens so much more than you would think), but this one had all her letters! She went back and on the way it started to POUR!!! Ill send you a video, but it was like when I was in the office and it rain! The taxi driver didn't want them to get wet, so he told them to wait, got out in the rain and brought out an umbrella and then ran with them to the maxi. When she picked up the book and ran back to the car, the driver told Sora Staplely "Wow, that must have been a really important book for you to want to go back." "This is an important book!!!!" We are going to meet with him, hopefully tomorrow, and tell him why it is an important book. We then had one of our English students bring two friends. For the spiritual thought, we sang a song. We were only going to sing one verse, but they asked to sing more, so we sang all three verses of De tine am nevoie. It was so cool! Life is still hard, duh, but it merits being a missionary. 

My companion is Sir Snuffleupagus today. His allergies are killing him. I am so glad that I no longer have itchy eyes, those were the worst.  Poor M.


That's about it! I will send you some pics and videos in a bit, but i love you and hope you are all well.


Elder Ormsby

No comments:

Post a Comment