Monday, March 17, 2014

Week 70

Dear Family,

Rabdare Mama, rabdare...

Lol, we just got back from our zone conference in Arad. We were going to write tomorrow, but we have English and FHE, so we decided to take a bit of time to email our stuff now. Lucky you! I have received the bank card and will send it out as soon as I can. I will read over it and see if there are any special instructions that I missed magically. Send me an email if you know something that I need to know. 

I have learned so much on my mission. One of my favorite things comes from my Grandma and has been my internal motto this transfer. "Lighten up” in spirit and attitude and enjoy everyone around you and everything you are doing.  Appreciate the beauty of the snowflake and how if it wasn’t so cold you wouldn’t ever see such a beautiful creation...Don’t look back at what you wish you might have done but push forward solidifying relationships and testimonies remembering in whose name you are working." 

This transfer has been the best transfer of my entire mission. NOT because everything is perfect and we have baptisms and all that jazz. Oh no, we have 0 investigators and have had quite a few people fall out of contact with us (including another member). Its my favorite because of my district and the fact that I have been enjoying "everyone" and "everything". I laugh about the drunken guy, I smile about the mistake in Romanian, I almost cry from laughing so hard about all the funny little things that happen each and every day. 

Life is pretty good. For example (and this one might make you cringe a little bit Mom), today for Zone Conference I was asked to sing in a quartet. We were supposed to sing "Mila sus de straluceste" or "Brightly Beams, Our Fathers Mercy"...something like that. Anyways, its the same song that I sang in Timi last year, only I was singing bass. This time I sang the melody...the "easiest" part. It was so funny. First, I kept going to the bass line, but remembering that I needed to be higher than the bass, I sang an octave higher, then the alto part sounded nice, so I sang along with him. Finally, I would remember my part and get that out of my system before the end of the verse. Then the show started all over again. To make it even better, my body decides that it is going into shock and starts to shake...hard! I was trying so hard not to laugh because all I could think about was how ridiculous I looked. Then I squeaked one of the notes. Better and better! I am smiling right now, as I am writing this letter, it was so funny. I never would have been able to laugh, about a situation like that, before my mission. I loved every second of it! My favorite part was looking up with smile, ready to see some of the agony on the other missionaries faces. One of the sisters had her head down with her hand up, as if she couldn't look at us after the song. Like a "oh those guys, I don't know them" LOL!!! Best zone conference ever haha. The other thing that I was thinkin' was about how you never wanted us to watch the bad performances on American Idol (Trademark symbol (just in case)).

I have just finished the OLD TESTAMENT. Wow, that was one behemoth that I could use a translator for. It was rough going, but compared to the Old Testament, the New Testament is like a bag of cookies. I love reading the different accounts of the life of Jesus. How some apostles put emphasis, where others neglected to mention it. Pretty cool stuff. I also listened to a really good talk from Elder Bednar.  It was a great talk about how we pray for our trials to be changed. But it is more often that we receive the strength to overcome our trials, rather to have them taken from us. The Enabling Power of the Atonement

Ya, so life is good. Missionary work isn't really going to fast, but its going and I can see some hope, so why shouldn't life be good?


Love

Elder Michael Ormsby

No comments:

Post a Comment