Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Week 69

Dear Family,
I am so sorry, I have no idea how, but I totally forgot to write you. Yesterday we were paintballing in Arad and didn't get back until a little later. I read your email, but I thought that I had written something back....my bad lol. Everything is good right now. I haven't had such a fun district in a really long time, and I have never had a district that all get along basically 100% of the time. It has seriously been a blessing for me to be in this district, back in my old stomping grounds. God knew that He would have to do something special when He took me out of Bacau.

I have kept in touch with my other family, they are so funny. One of the new sisters there was asked by an elder what kind of cake she was eating. "Lemon" "No, in Romanian" (he had just taught her not to say it the wrong way). Here is where the story splits. The Bs say that she said it with an "u" sound...lol....the sisters there say that before she had a chance to finish the word, the Bs said the "u". Honestly, they are both probable, almost even. Those 3 are so funny! (Side note, saying some words in Romanian only a little off can make a huge difference(. I miss them a lot, but I have been having a lot of fun with my district. No one thinks themselves higher than anyone else. No one thinks they are below anyone else, and I have been 100% myself!!! No need to wonder if I have offended someone, no need to worry that someone is going to think that I am weird (who cares) and yup, its been great! 

Today we went paintballing in Arad, it was super weird to be with a lot of the same people (P, H, R) doing the same thing we were doing a little over a year ago. I feel like time has been moving forward so fast, and yet so slow. I haven't been angry ONCE this transfer!!! Annoyed, not so much (today was one of those days when I was losing lol), but not angry. You have no idea, it has been such a long time. 

So cool story, they said that they were never coming back. Guess who came on Sunday AND taught Sunday School? Yup, those guys! It was good to see them.

Talk to you next week!

Elder Ormsby

No comments:

Post a Comment