Monday, January 20, 2014

Weel 62

Dear Family,

First of all, I have been in the beautiful country of Romania for over a year now, how amazing is that? Time has flown by so quickly. One of my friends just recently returned from the Netherlands, which only shows how fast time goes by in the mission. I had totally forgotten about my year mark in the country until one of my best friends gave me a call. We talked about how crazy it was that time had gone so quickly. I still cant get over it!

This week has only renewed my love of the Romanian people. I was given a challenge, last week, by a friend back home. It was to go and find a friend that would last me even after my mission (missionaries don't count). I already have a few people here in Romania that I love a ton (the Fotea family, the S family, etc...), but I needed to find someone new. I have already mentioned them, but I found my new friends, the B family. They are so loving and kind. They were investigators 14 years previous and returned to the church after some really hard trials. They are so dedicated to the church. They love the missionaries, and they are just so solid. The mom is so funny. On Sunday, Presedintele L was teaching Sunday should always feel worthy to pray, when Sora B adds her comment. Then she turns to this member and talks about how amazing it is that people our age would come from our country and try and learn their language. How we need to help the missionaries, but how they have come really far and already speak really well. It was the best part of Sunday. Sora B, champion for missionaries everywhere! Sora B2, another member,  has also become a really good friend. She is the member whos friends I am going to beat at basketball and soccer haha. Mission life is so crazy, and so awesome!

Bacau is very similar to Deva, only with a lot more members. It has about the same as Timi (12 on a good day) and I do about the same things. We have a few priesthood holders, so we don't do everything, but I am the Clerk and 1st Councilor. I pass the sacrament, conduct, and soon will teach.

My comp and I have been really busy trying to find a new apartment for the other elders, and doing the duties of the BP, but this week we are going to try and get 20 hours of contacting. To some that might not sound like a lot, but I'm going to get to try out my juggling skills cause between missionary work and BP work, this is going to be a busy week. We don't have anyone to teach right now. We are starting English tomorrow, and I hope we find some people there. Funny story. Today we were walking home from the church and two girls heard us speaking English. They both turned and started talking to me. I now know how a boy band feels, only on a much smaller level. It was pretty awkward and I don't envy any of those boy bands. Hopefully they bring a lot of friends to English class, but at the same time, I hope they don't cause any problems. Boy bands...

Thanks for the Bday package, I will be on the look out. You shouldn't have to worry about me paying for any packages. I don't know what the problem was, but it seems to have passed. Sora Hill talked with me at Zone Conference and we couldn't come up with an explanation of why it was happening, and then it just stopped. Strange.

 I have my health, for now. I am lucky that it has been the most mild winter on record here in Romania (I heard it was the opposite for you in America). It was supposed to be the coldest, maybe the Germans got the coordinates wrong! No coughing and no being sick. You are right, though. I haven't been sick this many times in such a short period. Remember when I used to get strep  throat twice a year like clockwork? We could have almost timed the day!

Tell everyone to write me! The family, that is.

Love you all,

Elder Ormsby
Elder L


No comments:

Post a Comment