Monday, March 18, 2013

Week 18


Hey family!!

Unfortunately the baptism fell through because of her not wanting to cause a tear in her family. But we have faith that she will eventually come back. But I probably wont be there as I am being transferred to Deva, a little two man city with one family in the whole city. It has been a roller coaster preparing to lose 3 friends, 2 of which are ending their missions, and now it is a much longer list. I am so grateful for the time that I have had to be in this amazing city with these amazing people. I am so excited to see  the difference when I come back (and I will come back) and I am almost excited to see my new comp and new city. Another white wash.  In a one comp city.

 I am actually sending you a package as well with a little something for The Love Magnet from that family that I was talking about. There will also be a hand written, yes hand written letter for all of you. I don't know when I will be able to get it out, but it will be there within the next 18-21 months...you asked for a nice long letter, but I really don't know what to write about. 

How about the ability that God has to help us through trials and helping us to change ourselves for the better. Ya that will be good. Ok so a few weeks ago I had a really hard time with missionary work. I had lost the will/desire entirely to do missionary work, which made me mad. I knew that there was no way that I could continue on in this way and be a missionary, so I took my own advice that I gave Dad last week and asked my companion for a blessing. Then I focused on only the good things during the entire week. Any time that I was feeling upset, or angry I would stop myself and then think of only the best thoughts about that person, or about what I was doing. It didn't happen right away, but by the end of the week, with a lot of prayers, I had changed my attitude for the better and have since then learned about how to master my emotions. I'm not saying that I can stop any emotion in its tracks, but I have since learned to rely more on the Lord and also the steps of mastering my emotions. It was a really cool experience for me as I had never really tried to change something that big or intense in my life. Try it out sometime. It will be a really hard experience, but I can promise you that you will be blessed for your work and that you will be able to see a difference in the end. As for pictures, here are some of my favorite people in the whole world and some other stuff.

LOVE YOU ALL!!!

-Elder Ormsby

P.S. thank you for the picture

Singing in a quartet
in the maxi-taxi
one of the investigators

Elder H and Elder O.  Elder O said he will miss his comp very much.

Making stuffed mushrooms.  His mama is so proud!




 Goodbye to Elder E.  He is heading home!


Last photos with Elder H, Sora S, Sora ?, and the senior missionaries.  (Thank you senior missionaries for loving our son.)

1 comment:

  1. We so love your son and are heartbroken that he has left us so soon. But - we are taking his advice and managing our attitudes. We are counting on his returning to us before our mission is over. Timi could use him any time.

    By the way - that's Elder E., not Elder S. in the picture above. Elder E. is heading home.

    ReplyDelete