Monday, July 22, 2013

Week 36

That is some really good advice Dad, its good to hear that you wrote a bit about your mission. I have talked to a few missionaries and one of the biggest things that they wish they could change is that they wrote more in their journal. I am trying, but it can be a bit difficult to think of things that I would want to remember. I just need to buckle down and do it. 

I have had a much better few days. I am still working on being a happier missionary (probably always will) but I am doing much better. 

Glad the package got to you safe and sound. There is some great chocolate over here and I will be sure to bring some home. 

I have been wanting to go camping ever since we saw a man cleaning out his car from what was obviously a camping trip.   A float sounds awesome! Tell Secondborn good luck getting into the kayak, its small for me and I think it will be replaced when I come home. 

The Love Magnet's party sounds really fun. We will be having a party on the 28th just in her honor...ok, its actually Elder P's birthday too, so we are going to do something fun. 

I have told every missionary companion Uncle B's story about that fight. It is such a great inspiring story. This week we are just getting ready for transfers. It is getting crazy with all of the missionaries who are leaving. One of them was in my first city and is/was the AP. It is crazy to think that was 6 months ago. 

I have recently been trying to do all the work that needs to be doing, even if it doesn't need to be done for another month or two. This has helped  to stay focused, which is always the best thing for a missionary.

How is the rest of our family doing? Is Grandpa's health doing any better? How about Grandma Great? I remember seeing her out on the back porch on summer, towards the end of the day when the sun was setting. I asked Grandma B what she was doing and she said that she was "thanking God for every blessing that she has". She must have sat out there for a few hours before coming in. I agree that her example of the relationship she has with God is amazing. 

Would you please find out how Sister H is doing? I want to send her a letter, but I don't know where she is living right now.

Love you all and hope you are well,

Elder Ormsby





























No comments:

Post a Comment