Monday, June 24, 2013

Week 32

OH man, that punk. Whenever anyone asks what I would eat if I could have anything from back home (that isn't mom's cooking) is Arby's and pizza rolls.

I didn't get the chance to see the broadcast, but I will be sure to watch it sometime this week. It is so interesting that when we prepare a talk, it is us more than anyone else who progresses from the words that are spoken. I have found that writing a talk always helps me to understand something better, answers a prayer or is something that I needed to know. It is also a good way to learn a new language ;).

The past week has been ridiculously crazy. Last Monday we had the chance to take the President and his wife to go and renew their visas. We waited in line and then had to wait a little longer for one last piece to the packet. As we start to give the visa stuff over, the man behind the window states that "a receipt is not a good enough proof of purchase"...whodasay what? After we fixed the matter the next day, our President took us to the Hard Rock Cafe as a little thank you. He expressed his appreciation, as did his wife, on all the work and trials that we go through here in the office. They had no idea what went on behind the "office scene". 

Highlight of the week. I had the chance to go on a road-trip  to Brasov. The "apes" (still cant get over that one haha) decided to go on exchanges with us office elders, and then go on exchanges with trainers and trainees. Elder Preece went to Constanta with Elder Speth and the Mihai Bravu sisters (who were also going on an exchange in Constanta), and I went with Elder Lasater to Brasov (Ya his name is really Elder Lasater...like Psych!!!).

 It was great to drive in the mountains, so pretty on the way there. Big cliffs, lots of green and the great conversation. Elder Lasater is a riot. We reached Brasov just as a massive storm rolled in and soaked everything. Luckily we were still in the car driving when it stopped.  We needed to grab something from a store so we hiked over to the nearest one, grabbed what we needed and then made our way back to the car to grab our stuff. On the way back lightning started to strike really close...as in flash BOOM, no second count. We get back to the car just as is starts to pour. The Elders lived a good half mile away, with no streets we could drive on. So we grabbed our overnight stuff, plus an air mattress for me, my pillow and a bag full of packages and letters for the sisters. I decided to put all my stuff over the bag, towel then bed on top, to keep the water off of the letters and what not. Who wants a wet letter. It was raining so hard, I have never been that wet outside of swimming and showering. Instantly all of our cloths were soaked. We didn't bring any coats, so it must have been a sight seeing 2 nicely dressed guys walking down the street with the heavens opened. People were giving us the weirdest looks, it was so funny. We would say "good evening" to people as they huddled beneath their umbrellas that the cafes have. We got a few good laughs from that. As we were nearing the Brasov elders apartment we passed another cafe full of people under the umbrellas. They gave us a round of applause for walking through water. You couldn't help but laugh at everything. When we finally go to their house/apartment we tried to lay out all our stuff so it could dry. I literally had to pour out my shoes (they were still wet the next day and I had to walk around with wet feet). So much fun! 

Brasov really is beautiful, the mountains make it all. I feel that if I had a P-day in Brasov, I would have found it even more beautiful, but we didn't have a whole lot of time for sightseeing.  I had the chance to have an exchange with one of the new elders. It was so crazy and fun to be with someone who was younger in the mission than you and to know that if someone asked you a question in Romanian, you were all on your lonesome. Did you know that if I wasn't pulled into the office, I probably would have been a trainer. Crazy! Now I have till November/December before that could potentially happen again. 

Well, that has been my week. We were going to take a picture of us totally soaked, but my camera took a little dip too, so I thought it best if we didnt turn it on...and I forgot. Hard to remember stuff when there is a swimming pool in your shoe.
Love you Lots and have a great week,

Elder Ormsby

 On splits in Brasov.

 Getting a little goofy on the drive to Brasov.

Elder Ormsby's MTC teacher came to visit.

Showing his sister that he did indeed get her letter.  She misses him SO MUCH!

No comments:

Post a Comment