Monday, May 6, 2013

Week 25


Well, unfortunately I cant give you any pictures this time either. We are in a slightly shady cafe and need to wait for the library to open. Its closed because of Easter. Easter is a different time here in Romania. Yes we celebrate the Orthodox Easter. In the whitehandbook it states that Christmas and Easter are the best times for missionary work. It is the opposite here in Romania. People are reminded, at those times, that they are orthodox and become very unreceptive to missionary work. 

But this weekend was really cool. My new companion, Elder R, is awesome. He is so weird and crazy and just an all around funny guy/elder. 

We had the chance to have the President and his wife and the assistants over for interviews. So I really wanted them to have a good meal because I understood how hard it is to be on the road for a week or two at a time and so I made a roast in the crock pot at the church. Unfortunately the plug wasn't working and we didn't know until two hours before they got there. So it was into the oven and a prayer. Really annoying, but it still tasted really good and I feel like they appreciated it. 

For Easter, you can say "Isus a inviat" and then some one will reply "Adevarat a inviat" It means Jesus resurrected, True he resurrected. Which is kinda fun. There are a lot of other traditions, but usually in the East of Romania. I didn't go to the midnight mass because the one that we would have gone to was really small. I really would like to do it next year in a bigger city (but will go even if I am still in Deva). 

Mom, I just want to say how proud I am of you. Every missionary knows what you are doing and that you are the best cook in the world. So you might have some visitors when I get home. Not so sure on the skyping time yet. We are going to find out by Thursday and will let you know ASAP. Love you all and hope all is going well. 

Elder Ormsby

No comments:

Post a Comment