Monday, September 22, 2014

Week 97

Dear Family,

First of all,  I have to apologize for not writing you  last week. I was packing and planning on writing you Tuesday just before we left, but the power was out at the church. I was pretty frustrated with that, but that's life sometimes. I have moved into my old area of North Bucuresti. We are in a "special assignment" which really means that we are regular missionaries that "might" do some different things. Right now we are working with the new senior couple, the Ss, and are helping them with a few projects. We are going to redesign the Youth Centers, which are located under the chapels in Panduri and Mihai Bravu. Other than that, there isn't a lot that has happened. We all went to District Conference on Sunday. They broadcasted the session to a bunch of other cities (including Bacau and Ploiesti). Apparently I am pretty tall compared to Romanians because I received calls from Bacau and Ploiesti with members tell me they saw the back of my head during the intermediate hymn haha! It was a really good session, full of amazing talks. One of my favorite talks was by G, a member in Panduri who has limited use of her legs. She talked about staying faithful during trials. Last year, she stood up without the aid of her crutches. I don't remember exactly what she said, except it was close to "I don't need to be strong when my faith is strong." The Spirit was so strong as she bore testimony. Then a young lady played the violin. She was amazing! She played "I Know that My Redeemer Lives." She was born in Romania, but adopted at a young age. I loved it, and I felt a confirmation that, "Yes, I Know that My Redeemer Lives." As the conference continued I kept thinking that President Ivory would randomly call on me to give a talk, so I thought about what I might say. He didn't ask me to talk, but in an after meeting he did ask me to bear testimony about the trials of members and my gratitude for them. I was really grateful for that moment because I had two special people in that meeting. G and M. I met them last year when I was here in Buc. We were preparing to rent one of their apartments and they were some of the most amazing people ever. Very prepared. They were baptized after I left thanks to the efforts of the Baker Family. I had the chance to talk with them after the main meeting and I shared my joy that they had been baptized. When I bore testimony and gratitude for the members, I was able to share how the joy of them being baptized give me more hope for the future. President came up to me afterwards and thanked me for my testimony. He told me to meet with them as many times as I could each week. They are super amazing. Its good to be in Buc, even if it is too big.

Thats all I have for you this week.

Oh wait!!!

I have a new comp.

His name is Elder C.

He is from Boise!

He went to CHS.

And he is super legit!

See you soon!

Elder Ormsby

No comments:

Post a Comment