Sunday, September 7, 2014

Week 94

Dear Family,

Sorry I wasn't able to write you yesterday. We went to a place called Red Lake. It is such a beautiful place and I wish the camera could actually capture the real deal. After being on the lake, we decided to hike to the top of a mountain. We basically ran straight up the first part and then hiked the rest at a more reasonable pace. We made a three hour hike in about an hour. It was pretty amazing, being able to see everything around you. We met some visitors from Austria, Hungary and New York while we were there. They were trying to order something when Elder C turned around and asked if they wanted any help. "Oh look, its our Mormon friends!" Lol, they had seen Sora R's name tag and had also been to the musical in New York...hopefully  we set a good example :).

We had a really good activity on Saturday to close the end of Summer. We had hamburgers, potato salad, baked beans and watermelon. I don't think you can get any more "summer" than that! We had two nonmembers show up, including the mother of one of the members. I was really proud of the members as they made this member's mother feel like she was home. This is something that I don't usually see here in Bacau, so it was very refreshing.

I gave a surprise talk this week. I was banking on another member coming, but he was a no show. I only had two minutes to prepare the talk, but I think it went fine. When you serve in Deva and have to come up with a talk every other week (sometimes every week), you get pretty good at preparing a talk really quick. I first talked about forgiving others, seeing as how none of us are perfect. I then talked about less actives. Pres. Ivory really wants us to work with everyone, to balance out our days. Speaking of the less actives, I asked the members to think of someone who has lost their way. We are all brothers and sisters, a family, and we need to watch out for each other. I could see each of the members thinking of someone who wasn't with us at that meeting. I also talked about the saying that we have in the family, "No empty seats," meaning no empty seats in heaven. 

I will send you some pictures of Red Lake. Could you send me some pics of the house and neighborhood?

Love you all!

Elder Ormsby












































































No comments:

Post a Comment