Monday, April 7, 2014

Week 73

Dear Family,
 
Well, Missionary Super Bowl weekend has come and gone, and like always I loved it! Conference is always such a great spiritual lifter as a missionary, and for everyone else who takes the time to watch and listen to the words of modern day prophets. I especially liked Elder Zwick and his talk on communication. I have learned so much about communication and the importance of being open and honest. When you have a companion or a member or a investigator that has a problem, the worst thing is to leave it alone and let it fester. Good communication can change a relationship for the better, as long as it is delivered correctly.
 
I cant believe that I was back in Timisoara for only 6 weeks! It was the best transfer of my entire mission. Going back to Elder Zwick, I believe that it was in part because of our communication. We understood each other and loved each other. We had respect for not only the calling, but also for the person (which I think is as important if not more). I made a lot of really good friends, especially my accident prone friend, her 2 hooligan comrades and my friend from Brooklyn! They will understand what all that means when they read it haha. I also got to meet up with a few of my old friends from my first transfers in Timisoara. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to meet up with the people that you were referring to. After seeing so many people leave, they finally had enough and no longer want to talk. That was really hard to deal with, seeing how we were such good friends the last time I was there. That's how life goes sometimes.
 
I came back to Bacau to be the Branch President. President wanted to test a few of the missionaries and then decided that I would be the best option for Bacau. I am really glad for the opportunity because there are so many different things that I want to do to help the members. I know that this calling is going to be the hardest part of my mission, it already has been pretty difficult, but as it says in 2 Nephi 32 "...thy performance may be for the welfare of thy soul." Its talking about using prayer in your everyday activities. If you do, no matter what happens (as long as you are being good) it will be for you benefit. Its a pretty cool promise, and trust me, there have been lots of prayers over the last year and 6 months. I will only have 6 weeks left of my mission when I get out of Bacau, so I have a bit of time to try and accomplish all that I want to do.
 
I cant wait to go to the temple again!!!!!
 
Love you all and talk to you next week!
 
Elder Ormsby
 
P.S. Sorry, no pictures, maybe next week.

P.S. I am back in Bacau with Elder L again.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment